EXPLORATIONS - Emperor Penguins Survive in World's Most Extreme Climate By Dana Demange Broadcast: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about the Galapagos Islands in the Pacific Ocean and the unusual creatures that live there. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Bartolome Island T

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(258) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

The part of the World that isn't patches of shadow or snow is water. 环绕着大陆的水叫做海洋, The water all around the continents is the ocean, and though of course there are no walls nor fences dividing it into different parts, 尽管并没

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Chapter 2 The World Is Round, for I've Been Round It 第2章 世界是圆的,我围着它绕了一圈 Did you ever run away from home? 你曾离家出走过吗?我有过,有一次在我比你还小的时候。 I didonce upon a timewhen I was yo

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

But the world kept getting cooler and cooler until at last the steam turned to water and fell on the worldrain, rain, rain, 但是世界还在持续冷却,直到最后水蒸气变成了水落到地球上那就是雨,雨不停地下, until there

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

EXPLORATIONS - Amelia Earhart: First Woman to Fly Across the Atlantic Alone MARY TILLOTSON: This is Mary Tillotson. STEVE EMBER: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today, we tell about Amelia Earhart. She was o

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has officially ended, nearly three years after the plane mysteriously disappeared. Transport ministers from Malaysia, Australia and China announced Tuesday the search had officially been suspended. The Boei

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

MARY TILLOTSON: This is Mary Tillotson. STEVE EMBER: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today, we tell about Amelia Earhart. She was one of Americas first female pilots. (MUSIC) MARY TILLOTSON: Amelia Earhart w

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Grassroots Activists Receive Goldman Environmental Prize 草根活动人士获得戈德曼环境奖 From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Im Anna Matteo. And Im Christopher Cruise. Today on the program, we tell about the winners of

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

BBC Learning English London Life 10 years ago April 1996 Callum:Hello, I'm Callum Robertson and this is London Life. If you are a regular visitor to the BBC Learning English website you will probably have noticed that this month we are having a spec

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

I really worry about our oceans. Not many people understand how important the oceans are. Every day we hear stories about the rainforests and the ice caps, but we rarely hear about the oceans. They form most of the Earths surface and most of the worl

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-O

Chapter 22 Rubber and Coffee Land 第22章 橡胶和咖啡之国 Moutains make rivers. If a continent were flatabsolutely flat and level like a tablethere would be no rivers. 山脉造就了河流。如果大陆是平的像桌面那样平坦那就没有

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

A name that is in the Bible is the name of a city, Philadelphia. 有座城市的名字是取自于《圣经》非拉铁非(简称费城), It means the City of Brotherly Love. 意思是兄弟之爱的城市。 This name was chosen to give to thi

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Greenpeace: Plastic, Chemical Pollution Widespread in Antarctica The non-governmental environmental group Greenpeace reports that plastic and chemical pollution is often found in snow and seawater collected by researchers in Antarctica. Greenpeace sa

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Explorations - Travel Industry, Fisheries Depend on Threatened Coral Reefs MARIO RITTER: Welcome to Explorations in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. This week, we hear from a prize-winning expert on bees. May Berenbaum has studied ways to help p

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

WHO: Millions Die Every Year from Air Pollution From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Im Anna Matteo. And Im Christopher Cruise. Today on the program, we look at our natural world. We report on the price of air pollution on human li

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Oceans Get a Health Check A new system has been developed to assess the health of the worlds oceans. Scientists say it will change the way we think about oceans and how they affect our lives. Its called the Ocean Health Index and its going to tell us

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Christy VanArragon. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 A beautiful orange and white clow

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

US blizzards, Asia's typhoons, other extreme weather all linked to Pacific Ocean anomaly Steve Baragona | Washington, DC 10 February 2010 Experts say the oceanic disturbance known as El Ni?o is to blame for severe weather in Washington, D.C. and arou

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

文本: Tiger sharks still turn up in Hawaiian waters, drawn here by another great ocean wanderer. These black-footed albatross are certainly an endangered species, but not because of the sharks. Thousands of adult black-footed albatross are caught

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音